Arnold Ventures is a philanthropic organization whose core objective is to maximize opportunities and minimize injustices for all people.
- Position: Health Care Manager
- Salary: Competitive salary and benefits package based on qualifications
- Location: Washington, D.C.
Arnold Ventures' Health Care portfolio aims to develop evidence-based policy to make health care more affordable for governments, businesses, and households. Work in this portfolio would address a range of issues related to health care spending: prescription drug prices; commercial sector prices; the provision of unnecessary and low-value care; and the management of care for complex care populations. This individual will be responsible for helping identify, analyze, and pursue new, high-leverage philanthropic opportunities, as well as managing current investments.
- Work with Health Care Directors and VP to develop strategic direction for the Health Care portfolio;
- Conduct research/analysis to develop projects and policy initiatives;
- Identify potential grant opportunities and collaborate with potential grantees to develop proposals;
- Actively contribute to team meetings regarding projects, including suggesting ideas and brainstorming;
- Actively support Directors on developing materials for Arnold Ventures' Board, VP of Health Care, and other individuals
- Actively support Directors on managing and tracking progress of existing grants
- Contribute to meetings with government officials, researchers, program providers, and other stakeholders; and
- Collaborate with other Arnold Ventures teams (e.g., Criminal Justice) in areas of joint activity.
Essential Skills, Experience, and Qualities:
- Advanced degree preferred, but equivalent experience will be considered
- Five years or more of experience in a related field is preferred, including part-time work or internships
- Experience managing and completing complex projects, with careful attention to detail
- Strong quantitative skills
- Excellent writing skills, including the ability to convey complex ideas in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Flexible and adaptable
- Able to interact confidently with experts in their fields
If you are interested in this position, please send a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three references to email@example.com. In the email subject line, please indicate that you are applying for the position of Health Care Manager. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.