Arnold Ventures is a philanthropy whose core objective is to maximize opportunity and minimize injustice. We are dedicated to tackling some of the most pressing problems in the United States. We invest in sustainable change, building it from the ground up based on research, deep thinking, and a strong foundation of evidence. We drive public conversation, craft policy, and inspire action through education and advocacy.
The Creative Director, Brand Management is responsible for creating and executing successful strategies to engage key stakeholders with visually compelling content and materials. The Creative Director works closely with leaders across the organization to understand reputation, brand, public policy, and advocacy goals, and build effective visually focused strategies and content to educate and engage stakeholders in those goals. Reporting to the Vice President, Communications, this position will be located in our Washington, D.C. or New York office.
Operating in a fast-paced environment, this individual is a strong team player, works well under pressure, and is comfortable engaging and presenting at the executive level. With a deep understanding of reputation, brand, and creative media strategies, the Director creates and executes against a long-term vision, goals and roadmap for AV’s visual content, optimizing along the way.
This individual oversees all aspects of the AV brand, ensuring that AV teams are able to execute consistently, and with appropriate flexibility, to make an impact. The individual must have the ability to adapt to different work styles, juggle competing priorities, be receptive to feedback and think clearly under pressure.
- Oversee and manage AV’s brand and creative content, including collateral, video- and audio-based content, infographics and data visualization, and visual storytelling.
- Shape AV’s brand standards, create and manage procedures to ensure brand consistency across the organization.
- Collaborate with reputation, brand, public policy, and advocacy teams to create compelling content to support the organization’s goals.
- Builds and manages a multimedia studio capability across AV’s offices for compelling audio and video content.
- Effectively manage the budget and multiple consultants across multiple campaigns, priorities, and goals.
- Analyze and make recommendations about the use of new technologies, channels, and creative strategies to achieve reputation, brand, public policy, and advocacy goals.
- Ensure a strong brand presence for events that AV runs, sponsors, or participates in.
- Analyze engagement metrics and make improvements to strategies and content on an ongoing basis.
- Work with external grantees and partners to ensure a consistent AV brand.
- Bachelor’s degree in art, graphic design, marketing, communications, journalism, or a related field.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in creative development and brand management.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in creating content for digital media channels.
- Successful track record of developing and executing successful creative content to support reputation, brand, public policy, and/or advocacy goals.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Have in-depth knowledge of brand development and multichannel marketing models.
- Must be a creative and strategic thinker.
- Strong experience in educating, engaging, and mobilizing key stakeholders on public policy and advocacy issues, through compelling content and materials.
- Proven ability to analyze and make recommendations about new creative media approaches.
- Proven ability to adeptly manage a creative and brand function, including consultants, budget, and metrics.
- Proven ability to build a positive and consistent user experience across multiple approaches to visual and text-based content.
- Strong ability to collaborate across multiple teams.
- Strong leadership, people management and relationship building skills
- Ability to evaluate and recommend new platforms for developing and implementing creative media and brand content.
The salary range for this role will be $150,000 — $200,000 per year.
Our Culture and Core Values
Our culture seeks to inspire and empower our people to innovate and develop bold ideas that will help Arnold Ventures achieve lasting impact. Our culture, and the core values that support it, should create an environment that spurs our team to think outside the box, feel comfortable pushing the boundaries of what is possible, and signal confidence in our team’s ability to make change happen through our philanthropic efforts. Although not an exhaustive list, below you’ll find examples of Arnold Ventures’ work culture.
- We are adaptable and comfortable with ambiguity
- We are intellectually curious, open-minded, objective, humble, collegial, and receptive to feedback
- We are action-oriented with strong self-direction and self-motivation skills with the ability to work simultaneously on multiple projects
- We are able to interact confidently and collaboratively with team members and navigate relationships with external experts, government leaders, advocates, and individuals
Arnold Ventures’ values reflect who we are as an organization, help us accelerate our strategic goals, strengthen our resolve, anchor us to our mission, and guide our decision-making. The successful candidate will also demonstrate the following core values that inspire the Arnold Ventures team to make a difference.
- Respect for Ourselves & Others
- Audacious Action
- Collaborative Engagement
- Depth of Thought
- Clear Communication
Arnold Ventures is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity or expression, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, military/veteran status, or any basis prohibited by applicable law.
Acknowledging the importance of diverse perspectives, Arnold Ventures is committed to employing individuals from a variety of backgrounds and with a variety of experiences. Members of historically marginalized communities and candidates who have been impacted by the systems we are seeking to change are strongly encouraged to apply.