Arnold Ventures is a philanthropic organization whose core objective is to maximize opportunities and minimize injustices for all people.
- Position: Health Care Analyst
- Salary: Competitive salary and benefits package based on qualifications
- Location: Washington, D.C.
Arnold Ventures' Health Care portfolio aims to develop evidence-based policy to make health care more affordable for governments, businesses, and households. Work in this portfolio would address a range of issues related to health care spending: prescription drugs prices; commercial sector prices; the provision of unnecessary and low-value care; and the management of care for complex care populations. This individual will be responsible for providing analytical and operational support for the Health Care team. This will include assisting with identifying, analyzing, and pursuing new, high-leverage philanthropic opportunities, as well as managing current investments.
- Provide analytical and operational support for the Health Care team’s funding initiatives;
- Conduct research/analysis of social programs and policies, and help develop projects and policy initiatives based on such analysis;
- Compose, fact-check, and/or edit presentation slides, policy papers, website content, and other written materials;
- Actively contribute to team meetings regarding projects, including suggesting ideas and brainstorming;
- Coordinate and actively contribute to meetings on evidence-based reform with government officials, researchers, , program providers, and other stakeholders; and
- Collaborate with other Arnold Ventures teams (e.g., Criminal Justice) in areas of joint activity.
Essential Skills, Experience, and Qualities:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- One to two years of experience in a related field is preferred, including part-time work or internships
- Experience managing and completing complex projects, with careful attention to detail
- Strong quantitative skills
- Excellent writing skills, including the ability to convey complex ideas in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Flexible and adaptable
- Thorough and attentive to detail in both substantive and operational tasks
- Able to interact confidently with experts in their fields
- Mastery of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat, and other standard computer software
If you are interested in this position, please send a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three references to email@example.com. In the email subject line, please indicate that you are applying for the position of Health Care Analyst. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.