Arnold Ventures is a philanthropy whose core objective is to maximize opportunity and minimize injustice. We are dedicated to tackling some of the most pressing problems in the United States. We invest in sustainable change, building it from the ground up based on research, deep thinking, and a strong foundation of evidence. We drive public conversation, craft policy, and inspire action through education and advocacy.
Location: Washington, D.C.
Salary: Competitive salary and benefits package based on qualifications
Department: Health Care
Report to: Director of Health Care – Payor Reform Team
Travel: Minimal travel expected
Arnold Ventures’ Health Care portfolio aims to develop evidence-based policy to contain costs and make health care more affordable for governments, businesses, and households. We fund work across four broad issue areas: Low-Value Care, Commercial Sector Prices, Drug Prices, and Complex Care. The team works with experts from inside and outside government to reform the health care system through evidence generation, policy development, and technical assistance to support policy change.
We are seeking an Analyst to help provide research, analytical, and operational support to our Commercial Sector Prices and Low-Value Care teams. This individual will work closely with team members on substantive, policy-oriented projects and gain experience in supporting the development and management of high-impact philanthropic projects on these health care issues.
- Provide analytical and operational support for the Health Care team’s funding initiatives, including active collaboration with team members on grants management and team process management
- Conduct research/analysis of health care programs and policies, and help develop projects and policy recommendations based on such analysis
- Support tracking, analyzing, and summarizing policy developments, external events, and research and policy papers related to the team’s focus areas
- Compose, fact-check, and/or edit presentation slides, policy papers, website content, and other written materials
- Actively contribute to team meetings regarding projects, including suggesting ideas and brainstorming
- Coordinate and actively contribute to meetings on evidence-based reform with partners and stakeholders, including researchers, policymakers, and others
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 1-2 years of experience in a related field is preferred, including part-time work or internships; preference for experience in positions involving policy reform, research, and/or project management
- Excellent listening and communication skills, including the ability to absorb, analyze, and convey complex ideas in a clear and concise manner verbally and in writing
- Strong critical thinking and policy analysis skills
- Exceptional organizational skills and experience simultaneously working on and completing multiple projects
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Adaptable and comfortable with ambiguity
- Thorough and attentive to detail in all tasks
- Comfortable engaging with experts and people with diverse experiences and perspectives
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat, and other standard computer software
The successful candidate will also demonstrate the following core values that inspire the Arnold Ventures team to make a difference.
- Respect for Ourselves & Others
- Audacious Action
- Collaborative Engagement
- Depth of Thought
- Clear Communication
We ask that you include a cover letter in addition to your resume when applying, and we invite you to address your reasons for engaging in this work in your cover letter.
Arnold Ventures is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity or expression, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, military/veteran status, or any basis prohibited by applicable law.
Acknowledging the importance of diverse perspectives, Arnold Ventures is committed to employing individuals from a variety of backgrounds and with a variety of experiences. Members of historically marginalized communities and candidates who have been impacted by the systems we are seeking to change are strongly encouraged to apply.