Arnold Ventures is a philanthropy dedicated to tackling some of the most pressing problems in the United States. Our mission is to improve lives by investing in evidence-based solutions that maximize opportunity and minimize injustice.
Position: Grants Manager
Salary: Competitive salary based on qualifications plus benefits
Office: Houston, TX, preferably
Under the direction of our new Vice President of Grants Management, Arnold Ventures is redesigning its grants management operation to better support the philanthropy's growth and vision, and the Grants Manager will be a core position on the new grants management team to help carry out this vision. Broadly, the Grants Manager will help to develop grants management tools, technology systems, and trainings, and refine processes across the organization and across various grant-making entities. More specifically, the Grants Manager will actively support one or more of Arnold Ventures' programmatic teams with a variety of knowledge and project management responsibilities throughout the full grant-making life cycle in order to ensure that projects achieve their strategic objectives.
- Manage internal and external relationships, information, data and deadlines for potential and existing grant activities;
- Facilitate review of grant reports to ensure grantee compliance with Arnold Ventures reporting requirements and policies, and facilitate the processing of grant payments in a timely manner;
- Oversee the input, tracking, accuracy and analysis of information about potential and existing grants and activities, both within the Arnold Ventures grants system and other internal trackers;
- Provide drafting support as needed for grant-related documents using standard templates;
- Support the adoption and usage of the Arnold Ventures grants system by internal staff, which will include the development of trainings, data integrity reporting, and dashboards;
- Address grantee questions about the Arnold Ventures grants system and grant processes, and troubleshoot issues or support with training materials as needed;
- Support with the development and delivery of grantmaking best practice and grants compliance trainings for staff;
- Collaborate with legal, finance, programmatic, and other departments as needed to continually support and improve the philanthropy's grantmaking processes.
Essential Skills, Experience, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of professional experience required, preferably in the nonprofit/philanthropy/public service industry (prior grants management experience preferred)
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment and managing competing deadlines
- Superior attention to detail and excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proactive, self-motivated, and mission-driven attitude and approach
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Familiarity using Salesforce or another grants management platform
- Demonstrated knowledge of developing and implementing process improvement to increase organizational efficiency and to use data and analytics to evaluate impact
- Effective listening skills, with the ability to discuss business problems and goals and translate information into potential solutions
If you are interested in this position, please send a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate in the subject line of the email that the application is for the position of Grants Manager. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.