Arnold Ventures is a philanthropy whose core objective is to maximize opportunity and minimize injustice. We are dedicated to tackling some of the most pressing problems in the United States. We invest in sustainable change, building it from the ground up based on research, deep thinking, and a strong foundation of evidence. We drive public conversation, craft policy, and inspire action through education and advocacy.
Location: Houston, TX
Salary: Competitive salary and benefits package based on qualifications
Reports to: Chief Administrative Officer
Travel: Minimal travel expected
The Office Manager will be responsible for strategizing, coordinating, and managing administrative and team-building initiatives related to Arnold Ventures' ongoing operations including, but not limited to, responsibilities such as the following:
- Managing the Houston administrative team
- Promoting a positive, collaborative work environment by assisting Arnold Ventures management team with organizing and hosting team-building activities and initiatives
- Assisting Arnold Ventures management team with strategizing creative, efficient ways and tools to increase productivity, organization, and internal communications
- Collaborating with the Human Resources team with new employee onboarding and integration efforts
- Performing general administrative duties such as receiving guests; organizing meetings and travel, answering phones; managing mail; photocopying; filing; preparing expense reimbursements; etc.
- Overseeing the operational functions of the Houston office, including overseeing the ordering of furniture, office equipment, and working with property management to maintain a clean and comfortable office atmosphere
- Maintaining and organizing Arnold Ventures' records and files including both shared electronic and hard copy files on an ongoing basis to ensure organization, accuracy, and consistency
- Ordering and organizing office supplies and other requested operational items
- Coordinating on-going office management integration, organization, and cooperation between Arnold Ventures' Houston, Washington, D.C., and New York City offices
- Researching and identifying potential vendors and developing and systematically maintaining an organized, up-to-date list of such vendors
- Planning and monitoring other special projects and events that may arise
- Being an outstanding steward of resources and overseeing all supply inventory (food, stationary, business cards, etc.)
- Managing monthly AMEX reconciliation for office purchases
- Overseeing system-wide inquiries
- Routinely surveying office and ensuring excellent level of care for the office
- Minimum of 10 years of experience as an Office Manager, Senior Administrative Assistant, and/or Paralegal experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in business/management, accounting, English, communications, or marketing.
- Strong organizational, customer service, and management skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Mastery of professional confidentiality and discretion
- Ability to complete tasks in an accurate, efficient, and timely manner
- Positive, professional, team-oriented, and mission-driven attitude
- Proactive and open to embracing new challenges
- Excellent written and oral communication abilities
- Ensures organizational effectiveness, efficiency, and safety
- Ability to listen, independently analyze and assess, and problem solve with solid solutions
- Mastery of Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and other standard computer software
If interested in this position, please send a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three references to email@example.com. Please indicate in the subject line of the email that the application is for the Office Manager–Houston Office position. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.