Arnold Ventures is a philanthropy whose core objective is to maximize opportunity and minimize injustice. We are dedicated to tackling some of the most pressing problems in the United States. We invest in sustainable change, building it from the ground up based on research, deep thinking, and a strong foundation of evidence. We drive public conversation, craft policy, and inspire action through education and advocacy.
Location: Washington, D.C.
Salary: Competitive salary and benefits package based on qualifications
Report to: Office Manager
Travel: Minimal travel expected
Arnold Ventures is seeking a professional and motivated individual who can serve as Arnold Venture’s Executive Assistant responsible for providing administrative and special project support to the Washington, DC office. The Executive Assistant will be seated at the receptionist desk and will be responsible for front desk duties. In addition, the Executive Assistant, while also be responsible for assisting several Arnold Ventures executives with their administrative needs.
- Perform general administrative, clerical, and receptionist duties such as receiving guests; managing conference room calendars; and organizing meetings, appointments, and travel logistics for guests
- Provide administrative support for several senior staff members, including, but not limited to calendar management, travel arrangements, and expense reports
- Order and organize office supplies
- Stock and organize the office kitchen
- Maintain office security by following safety procedures and controlling access via the reception desk (monitor logbook and issue visitor badges)
- Receive, sort, and distribute daily mail/deliveries
- Support the Washington, D.C. Office Manager with onboarding efforts and special projects
- Promote a positive, collaborative work environment by helping to organize and host team-building activities and initiatives
- At least five years of experience as a Receptionist, Administrative Assistant, and/or Office Manager
- Bachelor’s degree in business management/administration, accounting, communications, marketing, English, or a related field. Experience may be substituted in lieu of Bachelor’s degree.
- Exceptional organizational skills and keen attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks in an accurate, efficient, and timely manner
- Positive, professional, team-oriented, and mission-driven attitude
- Proactive, curious, adaptable, and open to embracing new challenges
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Mastery of Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and other standard computer software