Arnold Ventures is a philanthropy whose core objective is to maximize opportunity and minimize injustice. We are dedicated to tackling some of the most pressing problems in the United States. We invest in sustainable change, building it from the ground up based on research, deep thinking, and a strong foundation of evidence. We drive public conversation, craft policy, and inspire action through education and advocacy.
Location: Houston, TX
Salary: Competitive salary and benefits package based on qualifications
Report to: Director of Contraceptive Choice & Access
Travel: Occasional travel expected
Arnold Ventures believes that all people in the U.S. should be able to access, afford, and have the information and autonomy to choose the contraceptive method best for them. Today, too many face barriers to this essential care. To remove these barriers, we fund research, policy and advocacy to increase access.
We are seeking a Contraceptive Choice & Access Manager to help lead our efforts on this important issue. This individual will help research, identify, analyze and develop new opportunities as well as manage current investments. The role reports to the Director of Contraceptive Choice & Access, and is part of the Programs team at Arnold Ventures.
- Analyze and synthesize relevant developments in the field (policy, politics, innovation) and generate insights to inform strategy
- Conduct research, data analysis, and environmental scans to inform project development
- Identify, develop, diligence and present potential grant opportunities with high-quality written proposals, presentations, issue briefs and research summaries
- Collaborate with partners to develop opportunities, monitor progress, and track impact
- Collaborate with other Arnold Ventures teams to explore cross-initiative opportunities and communicate about our work
- Manage relationships with grantees, government officials, researchers, foundation officials, practitioners, and other stakeholders
- Other duties as assigned
- Advanced degree(s) preferred in public policy, public health, gender, race or other related fields; or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 4-6 years of relevant work experience with a focus on sexual and reproductive health, rights and justice, preferably in positions involving policy, advocacy, research, and project management responsibilities
- Demonstrated passion for equity, autonomy, and justice in health
- Successful track record developing initiatives drive positive change in health or justice
- Experience with policymaking systems and processes, including the federal, state, and local policies that govern contraceptive choice and access; a history of driving policy change
- Ability to build trust and confidently collaborate with a diverse network of organizations, experts, and senior leaders
- Excellent written communication skills to convey complex ideas in clear and concise manner
- Strong ability to analyze data and information for strategic insights
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Action-oriented, creative, and entrepreneurial self-starter who assumes personal ownership of work and is capable of effectively prioritizing across multiple projects at the same time; makes things happen
- Intellectually curious, open-minded, objective, and receptive to feedback; asks questions and engages with candor to improve own impact on team performance
- Flexible, adaptable, tolerant of ambiguity; thrives and makes progress in uncertain situations
The successful candidate will also demonstrate the following core values that inspire the Arnold Ventures team to make a difference.
- Respect for Ourselves & Others
- Audacious Action
- Collaborative Engagement
- Depth of Thought
- Clear Communication
We ask that you include a cover letter in addition to your resume when applying, and we invite you to address your reasons for engaging in this work in your cover letter.
Arnold Ventures is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Acknowledging the importance of diverse perspectives, Arnold Ventures is committed to employing individuals from a variety of backgrounds and with a variety of experiences. Members of historically marginalized communities and candidates who have been impacted by the systems we are seeking to change are strongly encouraged to apply.