(Last updated March 1, 2023)
AVLLC reserves the right to modify this Policy at any time. If AVLLC makes material changes to this policy, we will post a notice on the Website. By continuing to use the Services after a notice of change has been so published, you are consenting to any such changes.
Information We Collect
1. Information Your Provide Directly to Us
You may provide information directly to us if you sign up to receive AVLLLC press releases or other information from AVLLC or its associated Services, or contact us through the Services. This information may include your name and email address, and your organization, if you choose to provide it.
2. Information We Collect Automatically
- Website Usage Information: We may collect information about your usage and behavior on the Website and the Services, such as the content you view, the links you click, and how you were referred to our Services via other sites. We may also collect your IP address and related information. We uses this information for internal system monitoring and to administer the Services. This information may also be used to gather and aggregate broad demographic information and profile data.
- Device Information: We collect information about the type of device you use when you access our Services, including details of your computer or mobile device, such as unique device identifiers and the browser you use to access our content.
- Cookies, Clear GIFs, and Similar Technologies: AVLLC may use “cookies” on or in connection with the Services to maintain information about you. A cookie is a very small text document or image file, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier. AVLLC may use both “session” cookies and “persistent” cookies. A session cookie is temporary and disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive after you close your browser. Persistent cookies may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Website. Persistent cookies can be removed by following your web browser’s directions. More information can be found in our Cookie Notice.
AVLLC may also use “Clear GIFs” (aka “web beacons” or “pixel tags”) or similar technologies in connection with the Services or in its communications with you. A Clear GIF is typically a one-pixel, transparent image located on a web page or in an email or other type of message which helps to verify an individual’s viewing or receipt of a web page or message.
We only retain your information for so long as it may be relevant for the purposes identified in this Policy unless a longer period of time is required by law.
How We Use Your Information
We limit our use of your personal information to the purposes described in this Policy. AVLLC uses your information in the following ways:
- To provide, operate, monitor, maintain, and administer the Services;
- For marketing purposes, such as communicating with you via email or to promote the Website;
- To communicate with you, including to respond to inquiries you submit to us or to provide you with information or press releases when you sign up to receive information from us;
- To provide and improve necessary functionality of the Website;
- To promote the security of our Website and to investigate and prevent malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and enforce our terms and policies.
- For legal, regulatory, safety, and compliance purposes, including compliance with any applicable law or regulations;
- For other purposes about which we will notify you in advance or for which we receive your consent.
How We Share Information
1. Service Providers
AVLLC may use third-party service providers to help AVLLC operate and maintain the
Services. Third-party service providers are contractually restricted from using or disclosing your information except as necessary to perform services on AVLLC’s behalf and pursuant to our instructions, or to comply with legal requirements. The third-party service providers that AVLLC may share your information with include:
- Cloud hosting providers to provide data storage and processing services;
- Website and system administrators to operate the Services;
- Corporate and information technology service providers to facilitate business operations and communications;
- Corporate entities associated with AVLLC, including Action Now Initiative, Action Now, Inc., and the Lauren & John Arnold Foundation;
- Analytics providers, like Google Analytics, to help us with analytics and perform analysis of how the Website is used or could be improved;
- Professional services advisors to protect and manage our business interests;
- Other suppliers, sub-contractors, partners, vendors, and service providers acting on our behalf.
We may use and disclose aggregate statistical information that does not identify or otherwise relate to an individual, such as overall patterns or demographic reports that reflect user behavior and interest in the Services. Information relating to aggregate statistics may be collected through the use of third-party cookies and other third-party tracking devices.
2. Legally Compelled Disclosures
AVLLC may disclose any Personal Information you may have chosen to provide when disclosure is:
- Reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable law or regulation;
- Required by law to comply with legal process, a subpoena, court order, or government request;
- Necessary to enforce our agreements and this Policy;
- Necessary to protect the security or integrity of the Services;
- Necessary to protect against harm to the rights, property, or safety of AVLLC, you, or the public, as required or permitted by law; or
- Necessary to respond to an emergency which we believe in good faith requires us to disclose information to assist in preventing the death or serious bodily injury of any person.
Where required or permitted by applicable law, AVLLC protects personal information by requesting protective orders or confidentiality agreements, redacting personal information from documents prior to production or disclosure, or other legally permissible means.
Accessing Third-Party Services Through the Services
The Services may contain links to websites operated by third parties, such as social media websites, and your personal information may be collected by those third parties if you use their websites. Should you choose to visit these third-party sites, you should review their privacy policies to ensure you understand and are comfortable with their practices concerning your information. We do disclaim any and all responsibility for the privacy policies and information collection, use, and sharing practices of any third-party website (whether or not such site is linked on or to the Service). These links are provided to you for convenience purposes only, and you access them at your own risk. Any personal information collected by third-party websites will be governed by their respective privacy policies.
Minimum Age Requirements to Use the Website
The Services are not intended for use by children under the age of 13, and AVLLC does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us as described in the “Contact Us” section below. If AVLLC becomes aware that it has inadvertently received Personal Information from a visitor under the age of 13, AVLLC will take steps to delete such information from its records.
AVLLC uses commercially reasonable and appropriate administrative, physical, and technical safeguards to protect the information that we have about you from loss, theft, and unauthorized use, access, modification, or destruction. We also require partners and third-party service providers acting on our behalf or with whom we share your information to maintain reasonable security and appropriate security measures. Notwithstanding our safeguards, it is impossible to guarantee absolute security. If you have any questions about the security of the Services, please contact us as described in the “Contact Us” section below.
Your Privacy Choices and Rights
A. Privacy Choices
You have certain choices and rights available when it comes to how we collect and use your personal information. Below is a summary of those choices and rights and how to exercise them.
- Opt-out of marketing communications: You may opt-out of receiving any marketing communications from us in the following way:
- Email: You may opt-out of email communications by clicking on “unsubscribe” at the bottom of any email.
B. Privacy Rights
Depending on where you are located, you may have certain rights in connection with your personal information that we obtain. These rights may include, but are not limited to:
- Right to Know the categories and specific pieces of your personal information we have collected in the previous 12 months.
- Right to Deletion of your personal information we have collected.
- Right to Request Information about the collection, sale, and disclosure of your personal information from the previous 12 months.
- Right to Opt-out of the Sale or Sharing of Personal Information we have collected about you. However, please note we do not sell your personal information.
- Right to Non-Discrimination for exercising any of your rights.
You may exercise these rights, to the extent they apply to you, by contacting us at email@example.com. or to Arnold Ventures, Attn: Communications, 1717 West Loop South, Suite 1800, Houston, TX 77027.
We may need to collection additional information to verify your identity and residence, and we may not be able to accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
We fulfill requests within 45 days of receiving your request. Please note that your request may be limited in certain cases, for example if complying with your request would conflict with:
- Federal, state, or local law;
- Regulatory inquiries;
- Subpoenas; or
- Exercising or defending legal claims.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
We periodically review and update this Notice to describe new Services or changes to our practices. You can determine when this Notice was last revised by referring to the “Updated” date at the top of this Notice. We encourage you to review the Notice whenever you interact with us to stay informed about our privacy practices and the ways that you can help protect your privacy.
If we make significant changes to this Notice, we will notify you through a prominent notice on our Services or via email address or phone number you have provided. If you do not agree with the privacy practices disclosed in the Notice, we recommend you stop using our Site and Services.