Arnold Ventures is a philanthropy whose core objective is to maximize opportunity and minimize injustice. We are dedicated to tackling some of the most pressing problems in the United States. We invest in sustainable change, building it from the ground up based on research, deep thinking, and a strong foundation of evidence. We drive public conversation, craft policy, and inspire action through education and advocacy.
Location: Washington, D.C.
Salary: Competitive salary and benefits package based on qualifications
Department: Health Care
Report to: Vice President of Health Care – Complex Care
Travel: Occasional travel expected
Arnold Ventures’ Health Care portfolio aims to develop evidence-based policy to improve the U.S. health care system and make health care more affordable for governments, businesses, and households. We fund work across four broad issue areas: Low-Value Care, Commercial Sector Prices, Drug Prices, and Complex Care.
We are seeking a manager to help expand and manage our Complex Care portfolio. This portfolio seeks to improve care delivery for individuals with care needs that have historically been under-addressed or addressed in a fragmented, inefficient manner. The portfolio has a particular focus on influencing policy affecting care delivery to people who are dually eligible for Medicare and Medicaid. This individual will be responsible for managing current philanthropic investments as well as supporting the identification, analysis, and pursuit of new, high-leverage grants opportunities. The Manager will also serve as the primary liaison between the programmatic team and the grants, legal, and finance teams.
- Identify and evaluate potential grant opportunities, and collaborate with potential grantees to develop proposals
- Alongside the grants, legal, and finance teams, actively manage and track progress of pipeline and existing grants
- Develop materials for Arnold Ventures’ Board, Executive Vice President and Vice President of Health Care, and other individuals in collaboration with team members
- Conduct due diligence on relevant developments in the field to inform strategy and project development
- Collaborate with the Communications team to draft materials that elevate grantee products, relevant research, policy developments, and approaches
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Advanced degree in a related field is preferred; equivalent experience, including project management certification, will be considered
- 4-6 years of experience in a related field, including part-time work or internships
- Action-oriented and entrepreneurial; able to be a self-starter
- Simultaneously manage multiple work streams under deadlines with keen attention to detail
- Communicate complex ideas in a clear and concise manner both in writing and verbally
- Solution-oriented; understands what actions to take to help the organization reach its goals
- Collaborative, inclusive, and respectful in all relationships, both internal and external
- Actively seeks feedback and perspective from a variety of sources
- Flexible and adaptable under changing circumstances and unclear situations
- Knowledge of the U.S. health care system and the issues affecting low-income disabled and older adults
The successful candidate will also demonstrate the following core values that inspire the Arnold Ventures team to make a difference.
- Respect for Ourselves & Others
- Audacious Action
- Collaborative Engagement
- Depth of Thought
- Clear Communication
We ask that you include a cover letter in addition to your resume when applying, and we invite you to address your reasons for engaging in this work in your cover letter.
Arnold Ventures is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Acknowledging the importance of diverse perspectives, Arnold Ventures is committed to employing individuals from a variety of backgrounds and with a variety of experiences. Members of historically marginalized communities and candidates who have been impacted by the systems we are seeking to change are strongly encouraged to apply.