Arnold Ventures is a philanthropy dedicated to tackling some of the most pressing problems in the United States. Our mission is to improve lives by investing in evidence-based solutions that maximize opportunity and minimize injustice.
Location: Washington, D.C.
Salary: Competitive salary and benefits package based on qualifications
Department: Health Care
Reports to: Director of Health Care
Travel: Minimal travel expected
Arnold Ventures’ Health Care portfolio aims to develop evidence-based policy to make health care more affordable for governments, businesses, and households. Work in this portfolio would address issues related to prescription drugs prices and/or the management of care for complex care populations. This individual will be responsible for providing analytical and operational support for the Health Care team. This will include assisting with identifying, analyzing, and pursuing new, high-leverage philanthropic opportunities, as well as managing current investments.
- Provide analytical and operational support for the Health Care team’s funding initiatives
- Conduct research/analysis of social programs and policies, and help develop projects and policy initiatives based on such analysis
- Compose, fact-check, and/or edit presentation slides, policy papers, website content, and other written materials
- Actively contribute to team meetings regarding projects, including suggesting ideas and brainstorming
- Create data visualizations and presentations that effectively communicate research/analysis findings, as well as team’s objectives and strategies
- Conduct ad-hoc research/analysis of organization, programs, policies, local governments, leaders, academic papers, and the state of the field in particular policy and practice areas to help team members develop research and policy initiatives
- Coordinate and actively contribute to meetings on evidence-based reform with government officials, researchers, program providers, and other stakeholders; and collaborate with other Arnold Ventures’ teams (e.g., Criminal Justice) in areas of joint activity
- Bachelor’s degree required
- One to two years of experience in a related field is preferred, including part-time work or internships
Essential Skills, Experience, and Abilities
- Experience managing and completing complex projects, with careful attention to detail
- Proven analytical skills, with demonstrated experience synthesizing and assessing information;
- Strong quantitative skills
- Excellent listening and communication skills, including the ability to absorb, analyze, and convey complex ideas in a clear and concise manner verbally and in writing;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Flexible and adaptable
- Thorough and attentive to detail in both substantive and operational tasks
- Able to interact confidently with experts in their fields
- Mastery of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat, and other standard computer software
The successful candidate will also demonstrate the following core values that inspire the Arnold Ventures team to make a difference.
- Respect for Ourselves & Others
- Audacious Action
- Collaborative Engagement
- Depth of Thought
- Clear Communication