Arnold Ventures is a philanthropy whose core objective is to maximize opportunity and minimize injustice. We are dedicated to tackling some of the most pressing problems in the United States. We invest in sustainable change, building it from the ground up based on research, deep thinking, and a strong foundation of evidence. We drive public conversation, craft policy, and inspire action through education and advocacy.
Location: Houston, TX
Salary: Competitive salary and benefits package based on qualifications
Report to: Vice President of Programs
Travel: Occasional travel expected
Arnold Ventures believes that women have a right to high-quality reproductive care and should be able to make their own health decisions. We work to promote equity, autonomy, and justice in the reproductive health care system through expanding access to contraception, closing gaps in reproductive health care coverage, and informing women about their contraception options. We are seeking a Director of Contraceptive Choice & Access to lead our efforts on this important issue. This individual will be responsible for developing and executing a successful, scalable, and sustainable philanthropic strategy on this issue. This position reports to the Vice President of Programs, who oversees Arnold Venture’s work in targeted areas including Higher Education, the Opioid Crisis, Contraceptive Choice & Access, and more.
- Develop and refine strategies to drive contraceptive choice and access in the United States, in close partnership with the Vice President of Programs and Arnold Ventures' Board of Directors
- Identify, develop, and present charitable investment/grant recommendations that are aligned with Arnold Ventures' strategy to Arnold Ventures' Board of Directors
- Oversee and manage a portfolio of charitable investments; work with grantees to develop strategic plans, establish success metrics, and monitor performance; use learnings to inform new investment recommendations
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key partners, including potential grantees, foundations, academics, issue experts, community organizations, and policymakers
- Collaborate with other Arnold Ventures teams to explore and develop cross-initiative opportunities
- Other duties as assigned
- Advanced degree(s) in public policy, health, or other related fields
- 10+ years relevant work experience
- Passionate about equity, autonomy, and justice in reproductive health care
- Successful track record developing and executing strategies to drive positive change in contraceptive choice & access
- Experience with policymaking systems and processes, including the federal, state, and local policies that govern contraceptive choice and access; a history of designing and driving effective campaigns to advocate for and drive policy change
- Deep knowledge of the key stakeholders working on contraceptive choice and access and ability to develop, engage, and collaborate with a strong network of organizations working on this issue
- Assumes personal ownership of work, action-oriented self-starter, makes things happen
- Intellectually curious, open-minded, and objective
- Collaborative, receptive to feedback, solicits and values multiple perspectives, shares knowledge, and partners with stakeholders to make change
- Ability to build trust, communicate effectively, and collaborate with senior leadership; excellent oral and written communication skills; engages with candor
- Dedicated to dignity, respect, equity, and integrity
If interested in this position, please send a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three references to email@example.com. Please indicate in the subject line of the email that the application is for the Director of Contraceptive Choice & Access position. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.