Arnold Ventures is a philanthropy whose core objective is to maximize opportunity and minimize injustice. We are dedicated to tackling some of the most pressing problems in the United States. We invest in sustainable change, building it from the ground up based on research, deep thinking, and a strong foundation of evidence. We drive public conversation, craft policy, and inspire action through education and advocacy.
We are looking for hands-on Data System Analyst who is adept with Salesforce and/or Tableau, is capable of handling advanced data cleanup, and is able to proactively maintain accuracy of existing data sets.
Reporting to the Salesforce Platform Architect, the Data Systems Analyst will help support our increasingly data-centric business needs. This role will be key in maintaining data integrity, and the creation of dynamic data visualization. The Data System Analyst will also support in configuring new users in our various data systems, as well as with training and systems adoption. This position will be located in our Houston office and will have some travel to our NYC and D.C. offices for training purposes.
- Work with other operations teams to author and implement processes to ensure our systems include the highest quality data
- Create dynamic and insightful data visualizations using Salesforce and Tableau
- Facilitate end-to-end data import projects including data collection, cleanup, mapping, import, and validation
- Support the administration and user management of our various data systems including Salesforce, Docusign, Tableau, and Marketing Cloud
- Write detailed documentation on key processes
- Address grantee questions about AV’s Grants System, and troubleshoot issues or support with training materials as needed
- Support the adoption and usage of AV’s Grants System and other systems by internal staff, which will include the development and delivery of trainings, data integrity reporting, and dashboards
- Collaborate with grants, legal, finance, programmatic and other departments
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience (4 years)
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in positions in the nonprofit or philanthropic sector, or in a similar support role involving data and systems management
- Strong data visualization product skills (Salesforce dashboards, Tableau, Excel)
- Strong data cleanup and manipulation skills (Excel)
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Google Suite
- Experience with basic SAAS product administration
- Exceptional project manager with extraordinary organization skills
- Exceptional analytical, and critical thinking skills, as well as outstanding problem-solving abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Our Culture and Core Values
Our culture seeks to inspire and empower our people to innovate and develop bold ideas that will help Arnold Ventures achieve lasting impact. Our culture, and the core values that support it, should create an environment that spurs our team to think outside the box, feel comfortable pushing the boundaries of what is possible, and signal confidence in our team’s ability to make change happen through our philanthropic efforts. Although not an exhaustive list, below you’ll find examples of Arnold Ventures’ work culture.
- We have a proven commitment to and passion for racial and social justice.
- We are adaptable and comfortable with ambiguity.
- We are intellectually curious, open-minded, objective, humble, collegial, and receptive to feedback.
- We are action-oriented with strong self-direction and self-motivation skills with the ability to work simultaneously on multiple projects.
- We are able to interact confidently and collaboratively with team members and navigate relationships with external experts, government leaders, advocates, and individuals impacted by the justice system.
Arnold Ventures’ values are integral to our lived experience. They genuinely reflect who we are as an organization, help us accelerate our strategic goals, strengthen our resolve, anchor us to our mission, and guide our decision-making. The successful candidate will also demonstrate the following core values that inspire the Arnold Ventures team to make a difference.
- Respect for Ourselves & Others
- Audacious Action
- Collaborative Engagement
- Depth of Thought
- Clear Communication
Arnold Ventures is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity or expression, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, military/veteran status, or any basis prohibited by applicable law.
Acknowledging the importance of diverse perspectives, Arnold Ventures is committed to employing individuals from a variety of backgrounds and with a variety of experiences. Members of historically marginalized communities and candidates who have been impacted by the systems we are seeking to change are strongly encouraged to apply.