Arnold Ventures is a philanthropy whose core objective is to maximize opportunity and minimize injustice. We are dedicated to tackling some of the most pressing problems in the United States. We invest in sustainable change, building it from the ground up based on research, deep thinking, and a strong foundation of evidence. We drive public conversation, craft policy, and inspire action through education and advocacy.
Location: Remote (California, Houston, DC or New York)
Salary: Competitive salary based on qualifications and location
Duration: Full-time, March-September 2021
Department: Grants Management
Report to: Vice President of Grants Management
Travel: Occasional travel expected
The Arnold Ventures Grants Management team works to develop and implement improved grants management systems, processes, and technology to support the organization’s evolving business needs. Under the direction of Arnold Ventures’ Vice President of Grants Management and Director of Grants Management, we are looking to hire a temporary, full-time Grants Analyst to cover key Grants Management responsibilities for six months.
The Grants Analyst will play an integral role in supporting critical data entry and data integrity efforts for Arnold Ventures’ grants management system (Salesforce), as well as the time-sensitive signature process for Arnold Ventures’ charitable grants and contracts (DocuSign). We are looking for someone who is a team player and also a self-starter who takes initiative and can work independently. A successful candidate will have quick typing skills, an analytical mind, exceptional attention to detail and a passion for precision; if you enjoy data entry, technology systems, and can work efficiently in a fast-paced environment, we’d love to talk with you.
- Oversee the regular input, tracking, auditing, and analysis of data regarding potential and existing grants and contracts by utilizing Salesforce, DocuSign, and other internal tracking tools
- Support the adoption and usage of Salesforce by internal staff, which will include the development of data integrity reports, dashboards, and training materials
- Support the processing of grant payments in a timely manner
- Assist with preparing internal communications related to Salesforce or process updates
- Troubleshoot and triage grantee questions about the Grantee Portal and grant processes
- Assist with ad hoc projects as they may arise
- Collaborate with legal, finance, accounting, programmatic and other departments as needed
Essential Skills, Experience, and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of professional experience required, preferably in the nonprofit/philanthropy/public service industry
- Prior grants management experience a plus
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment and managing competing deadlines
- Effective listening skills, with the ability to discuss business problems and goals, and translate information into potential solutions
- Superior attention to detail, and excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proactive, self-motivated, and mission-driven attitude and approach
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Familiarity using Salesforce & DocuSign (or similar software platforms)
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
The successful candidate will also demonstrate the following core values that inspire the Arnold Ventures team to make a difference.
- Respect for Ourselves & Others
- Audacious Action
- Collaborative Engagement
- Depth of Thought
- Clear Communication
We ask that you include a cover letter in addition to your resume when applying, and we invite you to address your reasons for engaging in this work in your cover letter.
Arnold Ventures is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Acknowledging the importance of diverse perspectives, Arnold Ventures is committed to employing individuals from a variety of backgrounds and with a variety of experiences. Members of historically marginalized communities and candidates who have been impacted by the systems we are seeking to change are strongly encouraged to apply.