Arnold Ventures is a philanthropy dedicated to tackling some of the most pressing problems in the United States. Our core objective is to maximize opportunity and minimize injustice.
Position: Policy and Advocacy Analyst
Salary: Competitive salary based on qualifications plus benefits
Office: Houston, Texas
Arnold Ventures' Policy and Advocacy team works to strengthen partnerships with federal, state, and local governments and helps programmatic teams bring the findings of new research into the policy-making process. The Policy and Advocacy team is responsible for developing and executing advocacy campaigns around policy priorities; building, resourcing, and maintaining strategic alliances with engaged and influential state and national partners and stakeholders; and managing relationships with key federal, state, and local policymaking officials. The analyst position will provide research support to the advocacy team; track, analyze, and report on legislative activity; work collaboratively with other Foundation teams; and report to the Vice President of Political and Strategic Initiatives.
Essential Skills, Experience, and Abilities:
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Two to five years of experience is preferred, including part-time work or internships.
- Exceptional program management and organizational skills to keep projects and tasks on track.
- Demonstrated ability to research and synthesize information from the news media and public record filings.
- Compose, fact-check, and/or edit presentation slides and other written materials.
- Preferred experience with state or federal legislative bill tracking and analysis.
- Capacity to effectively prioritize projects, work simultaneously on multiple ventures, and meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, including strong writing and interpersonal skills.
- Collaborative and team oriented, yet also a self-starter able work independently;
- Creativity and rigor in solving complex problems;
- Flexible and adaptable; and
- Intellectually curious—a problem solver who enjoys working with colleagues to find solutions to challenging problems.
If you are interested in this position, please send a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the email subject line, please indicate that you are applying for the position of Policy and Advocacy Analyst. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.