Arnold Ventures is a philanthropy whose core objective is to maximize opportunity and minimize injustice. We are dedicated to tackling some of the most pressing problems in the United States. We invest in sustainable change, building it from the ground up based on research, deep thinking, and a strong foundation of evidence. We drive public conversation, craft policy, and inspire action through education and advocacy.
Location: Washington, D.C.
Salary: Competitive salary and benefits package based on qualifications
Report to: Director, Office of the President
Travel: Minimal travel expected
Arnold Ventures is seeking a motivated and experienced individual to provide office management and administrative support in its Washington, D.C. office. This individual will coordinate and assist with various organizational efforts, including overseeing the team of executive assistants working in the Washington D.C. office and providing administrative support to senior executives as assigned. They also will be responsible for strategizing, coordinating, and managing administrative and team-building initiatives related to Arnold Ventures’ ongoing operations.
- Promoting a positive, collaborative work environment by assisting the Arnold Ventures leadership team with strategizing creative and impactful ways to increase productivity, integration, and communications across offices
- Planning and hosting team-building initiatives and activities
- Managing facility functions, training, and compliance requirements, including physical and operational security, safety, maintenance, and renovations
- Ensuring fidelity with administrative policies and practices
- Vetting, selecting, and managing vendors and ensuring that equipment, supplies, and other resources are available and managed effectively and economically
- Performing general administrative duties including receiving guests; organizing meetings, appointments, travel arrangements, and interviews; managing conference room calendars; answering phones; managing mail; photocopying; filing; preparing expense reports
- Assisting with new employee onboarding, event planning, and special projects as needed
- Minimum of 10-12 years of relevant experience as an administrative professional or in a related facilities or office management role
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and other standard computer software programs
- Strong organizational skills and keen attention to detail
- Open to embracing new challenges
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; experience may be substituted in lieu of Bachelor’s degree
- Action-oriented with a track record of achieving goals and objectives
- Builds and maintains strong and trusting relationships
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Effective leadership and management skills
- Stays on top of multiple projects, plans backwards, anticipates obstacles, identifies and involves stakeholders appropriately, uses resources wisely
The successful candidate will also demonstrate the following core values that inspire the Arnold Ventures team to make a difference.
- Respect for Ourselves & Others
- Audacious Action
- Collaborative Engagement
- Depth of Thought
- Clear Communication
We ask that you include a cover letter in addition to your resume when applying, and we invite you to address your reasons for engaging in this work in your cover letter.
Arnold Ventures is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity or expression, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, military/veteran status, or any basis prohibited by applicable law.
Acknowledging the importance of diverse perspectives, Arnold Ventures is committed to employing individuals from a variety of backgrounds and with a variety of experiences. Members of historically marginalized communities and candidates who have been impacted by the systems we are seeking to change are strongly encouraged to apply.