Arnold Ventures is a philanthropy whose core objective is to maximize opportunity and minimize injustice. We are dedicated to tackling some of the most pressing problems in the United States. We invest in sustainable change, building it from the ground up based on research, deep thinking, and a strong foundation of evidence. We drive public conversation, craft policy, and inspire action through education and advocacy.
Location: Washington, D.C.
Salary: Competitive salary and benefits package based on qualifications
Department: Health Care
Report to: Executive Vice President of Health Care
Travel: Minimal travel expected
Arnold Ventures’ Health Care portfolio aims to develop evidence-based policy to make health care more affordable for governments, businesses, and households. Work in this portfolio would address issues related to prescription drug prices and the management of care for complex care populations. This individual will be responsible for providing analytical and operational support for the Health Care team. This will include assisting with identifying, analyzing, and pursuing new, high-leverage philanthropic opportunities, as well as managing current investments.
- Provide analytical and operational support for the Health Care team’s funding initiatives
- Conduct research/analysis of social programs and policies, and help develop projects and policy initiatives based on such analysis
- Compose, fact-check, and/or edit presentation slides, policy papers, website content, and other written materials
- Responsible for internal Health Care team meetings agendas, project tracking, and team meeting management
- Actively contribute to team meetings regarding projects, including suggesting ideas and brainstorming
- Coordinate and actively contribute to meetings on evidence-based reform with government officials, researchers, program providers, and other stakeholders;
- Collaborate with other Arnold Ventures teams (e.g., Criminal Justice) in areas of joint activity, as well as the Grants Management team and Legal team
- Collaborate with Arnold Ventures Communications staff to support the development and implementation of strategic goals
- Administer discretionary fund alongside Executive Vice President of Health Care
- Responsible for Board preparation and material management
- Support the Executive Vice President of Health Care with special projects, as needed, such as research summaries and internal reports
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Three years of experience in a related field
- Experience managing and completing complex projects, with careful attention to detail
- Strong quantitative skills
- Excellent writing skills, including the ability to convey complex ideas in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Tackles what needs to be done with enthusiasm, working quickly and without undue oversight
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Flexible and adaptable
- Thorough and attentive to detail in both substantive and operational tasks
- Understands what actions to take to help the organization reach its goals. Spots trends and asks about future issues that may impact own work.
- Learns about changing priorities and responds appropriately. Connects with appropriate individuals to gain direction. Takes steps forward, even when details are unknown.
- Able to interact confidently with experts in their fields
- Seeks and responds to constructive feedback in a positive and professional way. Seeks to understand own impact on others; acknowledges mistakes and finds ways to avoid repeating them.
- Readily includes people and ensures their efforts are recognized; seeks to learn from their success. Ensures that people understand exactly why the work is important and meaningful.
- Mastery of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat, and other standard computer software
The successful candidate will also demonstrate the following core values that inspire the Arnold Ventures team to make a difference.
- Respect for Ourselves & Others
- Audacious Action
- Collaborative Engagement
- Depth of Thought
- Clear Communication