Arnold Ventures is a philanthropy whose core objective is to maximize opportunity and minimize injustice. We are dedicated to tackling some of the most pressing problems in the United States. We invest in sustainable change, building it from the ground up based on research, deep thinking, and a strong foundation of evidence. We drive public conversation, craft policy, and inspire action through education and advocacy.
Location: Washington, D.C.
Salary: Competitive salary and benefits package based on qualifications
Department: Health Care
Report to: Director of Health Care, Drug Pricing
Travel: Occasional travel expected
Arnold Ventures’ Health Care portfolio aims to develop evidence-based policy to improve the U.S. health care system and make health care more affordable for governments, businesses, and households. We fund work across four broad issue areas: Low-Value Care, Commercial Sector Prices, Drug Prices, and Complex Care.
Arnold Ventures’ Drug Prices portfolio aims to strike a balance between incentives to develop innovative drugs and biologics and affordability for governments, businesses, and households. Work in this portfolio would address the full continuum of drug pricing issues — innovation incentives, patents and marketing exclusivities, value-based prices, payment models, and patient access. This individual will be responsible for managing current philanthropic investments as well as supporting the identification, analysis, and pursuit of new, high-leverage grants opportunities. The Manager will also serve as the primary liaison between the programmatic team and the grants, legal, and finance teams.
- Collaborate with colleagues and grantees to identify, develop, and present charitable investments and grant recommendations to the Arnold Ventures’ Board; oversee and track progress of pipeline and existing investments and grants
- Actively contribute to team meetings regarding projects, including suggesting ideas and brainstorming; and participate in meetings with government officials, researchers, program providers, and other stakeholders
- Conduct due diligence on relevant developments in the field to inform strategy and project development; develop summary memos and other written materials for Arnold Ventures’ Board, Health Care leadership team, and other individuals in collaboration with team members
- Collaborate with the Communications team to develop materials that elevate grantee products, relevant research, policy developments, and approaches
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of 4-6 years of experience in a related field is preferred, including part-time work or internships
- Demonstrated interest in policymaking systems and processes related to drug pricing
- Adaptable, action-oriented, creative, and entrepreneurial self-starter
- Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize across multiple projects at the same time under deadline with careful attention to detail
- Effectively communicates complex ideas in a clear and concise manner
- Excellent writing skills
- Excels working independently and as part of a team
- Builds trust and confidently collaborates with internal and external partners
- Identifies important trends and starts discussions about how these may impact the work; quickly and consistently identifies and pursues new opportunities and articulates how opportunities will contribute to the team’s success
- Seeks balanced feedback from others and applies insights from feedback
The successful candidate will also demonstrate the following core values that inspire the Arnold Ventures team to make a difference.
- Respect for Ourselves & Others
- Audacious Action
- Collaborative Engagement
- Depth of Thought
- Clear Communication
We ask that you include a cover letter in addition to your resume when applying, and we invite you to address your reasons for engaging in this work in your cover letter.
Arnold Ventures is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity or expression, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, military/veteran status, or any basis prohibited by applicable law.
Acknowledging the importance of diverse perspectives, Arnold Ventures is committed to employing individuals from a variety of backgrounds and with a variety of experiences. Members of historically marginalized communities and candidates who have been impacted by the systems we are seeking to change are strongly encouraged to apply.