Health Care Analyst, Commercial Sector Prices
Washington, D.C. Posted: 03.14.2023
Application deadline: Apr 21, 2023
Arnold Ventures is a philanthropy whose core objective is to maximize opportunity and minimize injustice. We are dedicated to tackling some of the most pressing problems in the United States. We invest in sustainable change, building it from the ground up based on research, deep thinking, and a strong foundation of evidence. We drive public conversation, craft policy, and inspire action through education and advocacy.
Arnold Ventures’ Health Care portfolio aims to develop evidence-based policy to contain costs and make health care more affordable for governments, businesses, and households. We fund work across four broad issue areas: Provider Payment Incentives and Medicare Sustainability, Commercial Sector Prices, Drug Prices, and Complex Care. The team works with experts from inside and outside government to reform the health care system through evidence generation, policy development, communications, and technical assistance to support policy change.
The Commercial Sector Prices portfolio is focused on lowering the cost of private health insurance and improving affordability by reducing the prices charged by providers with strong market power. We work to understand the factors that drive high prices and support policy change at the state and federal level to address those drivers and ultimately lower prices for patients, employers, and taxpayers.
We are seeking an Analyst to help provide research, analytical, and operational support to our Commercial Sector Prices team. This individual will work closely with team members on substantive, policy-oriented projects and gain experience in supporting the development and management of high-impact philanthropic projects on these health care issues. This position will be located in our Washington, DC office and report to the Director of Health Care, Payor Reform on the Health Care Team.
- Provide analytical and operational support to the Commercial Sector Prices team, including active collaboration with team members on grants management and team process management;
- Conduct research/analysis on commercial insurance issues and related policies to inform projects and policy recommendations;
- Track, analyze, and synthesize relevant policy developments in the field;
- Develop written materials and presentation slides for Arnold Ventures’ Board, Executive Vice President and Vice President of Health Care, and other individuals in collaboration with team members;
- Actively contribute to team meetings regarding projects, identifying new areas of opportunity and brainstorming areas for improvement; and
- Coordinate and actively contribute to meetings with grantees, experts, and other stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 1 – 2 years of experience in a related field is preferred, including part-time work or internships; preference for experience in positions involving policy reform, research, and/or project management
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to summarize and communicate key takeaways to diverse, nontechnical audiences.
- Exceptional project management and organizational skills.
- Ability to analyze policy problems, assess potential solutions, and articulate tradeoffs
Our culture seeks to inspire and empower our people to innovate and develop bold ideas that will help Arnold Ventures achieve lasting impact. Our culture, and the core values that support it, should create an environment that spurs our team to think outside the box, feel comfortable pushing the boundaries of what is possible, and signal confidence in our team’s ability to make change happen through our philanthropic efforts. Although not an exhaustive list, below you’ll find examples of Arnold Ventures’ work culture.
- We are adaptable and comfortable with ambiguity.
- We are intellectually curious, open-minded, objective, humble, collegial, and receptive to feedback.
- We are action-oriented with strong self-direction and self-motivation skills with the ability to work simultaneously on multiple projects.
- We can interact confidently and collaboratively with team members and navigate relationships with external experts, government leaders, advocates, and other stakeholders.
Arnold Ventures’ values are integral to our lived experience. They genuinely reflect who we are as an organization, help us accelerate our strategic goals, strengthen our resolve, anchor us to our mission, and guide our decision-making. The successful candidate will also demonstrate the following core values that inspire the Arnold Ventures team to make a difference.
- Respect for Ourselves & Others
- Audacious Action
- Collaborative Engagement
- Depth of Thought
- Clear Communication
Arnold Ventures is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity or expression, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, military/veteran status, or any basis prohibited by applicable law.
Acknowledging the importance of diverse perspectives, Arnold Ventures is committed to employing individuals from a variety of backgrounds and with a variety of experiences. Members of historically marginalized communities and candidates who have been impacted by the systems we are seeking to change are strongly encouraged to apply.
Application Deadline: 04.21.2023Apply