Arnold Ventures, a philanthropy dedicated to tackling some of the most pressing problems in the United States, is seeking a graphic design manager to plan and execute visual solutions using a variety of platforms. The ideal candidate will have experience creating brand-centric materials and publications, as well as moving graphics and social media cards. We are seeking a self-starter who can manage complex projects from concept to completion, bringing a consistently elegant approach to typography, color theory, layout, and data visualization projects.
Arnold Ventures invests in sustainable change, building it from the ground up based on research, deep thinking and a strong foundation of evidence. Having launched a new brand and website in early 2019, the Houston-based philanthropy is expanding its story-telling efforts in the areas of criminal justice, health care, education, and public finance.
Essential Skills, Experience, & Qualities:
- Experience creating dynamic and brand-centric brochures, event signage, publications, annual reports, data visualization, social media cards, and video graphics
- Ability to manage production of print collateral and adapt designs to various media
- Ability to evaluate and distill complex information using a variety of story-telling platform
- Elevate the work of programmatic teams and the mission of Arnold Ventures through dynamic design across multiple media, including print, web, and video.
- Maintain brand standards and style guide, leading training sessions as necessary.
- Design digital and print annual report, in collaboration with Communications managers and programmatic teams.
- Support Communications managers in the development of compelling multimedia projects.
- Develop infographics that enhance understanding of our issue areas and the impact of grantees.
- Work with programmatic teams and digital communications manager to create and maintain visual content, including photos, on Arnold Ventures’ main website and related microsites.
- Design internal and external newsletters
- Create and edit multimedia content, including short videos, using Adobe Creative Suite, After Effects, or web-based applications.
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or a related field
- Minimum of five years of design experience
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Indesign, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Expert understanding of design principles, photo selection, techniques, and trends in production software
- Exceptional problem-solving skills; the ability to manage multiple and often changing priorities and issues of varying complexity; attention to detail and brand alignment.
If you are interested in this position, please send a resume, a cover letter that indicates how you learned about this position, two writing samples, and contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the email subject line, please indicate that you are applying for the position of "Graphic Design Manager." Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.