Arnold Ventures is a philanthropy whose core objective is to maximize opportunity and minimize injustice. We are dedicated to tackling some of the most pressing problems in the United States. We invest in sustainable change, building it from the ground up based on research, deep thinking, and a strong foundation of evidence. We drive public conversation, craft policy, and inspire action through education and advocacy.
Arnold Ventures is seeking a motivated individual to join the Administration team in its Houston, TX office. This individual will provide administrative and project management support to senior executives and team members as assigned. The ideal candidate will report to our Lead Executive Assistant in the Houston office.
- Providing administrative support to senior executives and team members as assigned
- Performing general administrative duties including receiving guests; organizing meetings, appointments, travel arrangements, and interviews; managing conference room calendars; answering phones; photocopying; filing; preparing expense reports; assisting with incoming and outgoing mail and deliveries
- Ensuring fidelity with administrative policies and practices, as well as physical and operational security and safety procedures
- Assisting with inventory-related tasks for kitchen and office supplies
- Partnering with the Lead Executive Assistant with onboarding, event planning, special projects, and teambuilding activities and initiatives, as needed
- 3 – 5 years of relevant experience as an administrative professional or related role
- Strong command of modern technology (MS Office, Google Workspace , Calendly, Zoom, etc.)
- Open to embracing new challenges
- Action-oriented with a track record of achieving goals and objectives
- Builds and maintains strong and trusting relationships
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Exceptional project manager with extraordinary organization skills
Our Culture and Core Values
Our culture seeks to inspire and empower our people to innovate and develop bold ideas that will help Arnold Ventures achieve a lasting impact. Our culture, and the core values that support it, should create an environment that spurs our team to think outside the box, feel comfortable pushing the boundaries of what is possible, and signal confidence in our team’s ability to make change happen through our philanthropic efforts. Although not an exhaustive list, below you’ll find examples of Arnold Ventures’ work culture.
- We have a proven commitment to and passion for racial and social justice.
- We are adaptable and comfortable with ambiguity.
- We are intellectually curious, open-minded, objective, humble, collegial, and receptive to feedback.
- We are action-oriented with strong self-direction and self-motivation skills with the ability to work simultaneously on multiple projects.
- We are able to interact confidently and collaboratively with team members and navigate relationships with external experts, government leaders, advocates, and individuals impacted by the justice system.
Arnold Ventures’ values are integral to our lived experience. They genuinely reflect who we are as an organization, help us accelerate our strategic goals, strengthen our resolve, anchor us to our mission, and guide our decision-making. The successful candidate will also demonstrate the following core values that inspire the Arnold Ventures team to make a difference.
- Respect for Ourselves & Others
- Audacious Action
- Collaborative Engagement
- Depth of Thought
- Clear Communication
Arnold Ventures is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity or expression, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, military/veteran status, or any basis prohibited by applicable law.
Acknowledging the importance of diverse perspectives, Arnold Ventures is committed to employing individuals from a variety of backgrounds and with a variety of experiences. Members of historically marginalized communities and candidates who have been impacted by the systems we are seeking to change are strongly encouraged to apply.