Arnold Ventures is a philanthropy whose core objective is to maximize opportunity and minimize injustice. We are dedicated to tackling some of the most pressing problems in the United States. We invest in sustainable change, building it from the ground up based on research, deep thinking, and a strong foundation of evidence. We drive public conversation, craft policy, and inspire action through education and advocacy.
Arnold Ventures is seeking a motivated individual to join the Administration team as an Executive Assistant in its New York, NY office. This role reports into the New York Office Manager and Lead Executive Assistant.
- Provide administrative support to senior executives and team members as assigned
- Perform general administrative duties including receiving guests; organizing meetings, appointments, travel arrangements, and interviews; managing conference room calendars; answering phones; photocopying; filing; preparing expense reports; assisting with incoming and outgoing mail and deliveries
- Assist with inventory-related tasks for kitchen and office supplies
- Ensure fidelity with administrative policies and practices, as well as physical and operational security and safety procedures
- Partner with the Office Manager and Lead Executive Assistant with onboarding, event planning, special projects, and team-building activities and initiatives, as needed
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years of relevant experience as an administrative professional, ideally supporting multiple people at once
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; experience may be substituted in lieu of bachelor’s degree
- Exercises the utmost discretion and maintains the confidentiality of highly sensitive materials with tact and professionalism
- Strong organizational, time management, and prioritization skills and keen attention to detail
- Stays on top of multiple projects, plans backwards, anticipates obstacles, identifies and involves stakeholders appropriately, uses resources wisely
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Adaptable, comfortable with ambiguity, and open to embracing new challenges
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Builds and maintains strong and trusting relationships
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat, and other standard computer software programs; experience with data visualization and presentation tools, Salesforce, and Google Drive a plus
Our Culture and Core Values
Our culture seeks to inspire and empower our people to innovate and develop bold ideas that will help Arnold Ventures achieve lasting impact. Our culture, and the core values that support it, should create an environment that spurs our team to think outside the box, feel comfortable pushing the boundaries of what is possible, and signal confidence in our team’s ability to make change happen through our philanthropic efforts.
Arnold Ventures’ values are integral to our lived experience. They genuinely reflect who we are as an organization, help us accelerate our strategic goals, strengthen our resolve, anchor us to our mission, and guide our decision-making. The successful candidate will also demonstrate the following core values that inspire the Arnold Ventures team to make a difference.
- Respect for Ourselves & Others
- Audacious Action
- Collaborative Engagement
- Depth of Thought
- Clear Communication
Arnold Ventures is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity or expression, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, military/veteran status, or any basis prohibited by applicable law.
Acknowledging the importance of diverse perspectives, Arnold Ventures is committed to employing individuals from a variety of backgrounds and with a variety of experiences. Members of historically marginalized communities and candidates who have been impacted by the systems we are seeking to change are strongly encouraged to apply.