Arnold Ventures, a philanthropy dedicated to tackling some of the most pressing problems in the United States, is seeking a digital communications specialist to plan and execute multimedia-rich storytelling campaigns using a variety of platforms. The ideal candidate will have experience writing, editing, and packaging web stories; creating multimedia content, including short videos, moving graphics, and social media cards; and developing and executing online advocacy campaigns. A desire to learn new platforms and evaluate emerging trends in communication is a must.
Arnold Ventures invests in sustainable change, building it from the ground up based on research, deep thinking and a strong foundation of evidence. Having launched a new brand and website in early 2019, the Houston-based philanthropy is expanding its story-telling efforts in the areas of criminal justice, health care, education, and public finance.
Essential Skills, Experience, & Qualities:
- Experience developing and executing social media and email campaigns
- Experience writing and editing for the web
- Experience creating dynamic, visual content for the web and social media
- Ability to produce print collateral and adapt designs to various media
- Ability to evaluate and distill complex information using a variety of story-telling platforms
- Elevate the work of programmatic teams through a variety of social media and online engagement strategies.
- Support communications managers in the development of web-ready content and compelling multimedia projects.
- Coordinate digital media strategies with communications team members, ensuring alignment with both programmatic and broader foundation goals
- Work with programmatic teams and digital communications manager to create and maintain landing page and editorial content for Arnold Ventures’ main website and related microsites.
- Design and maintain internal and external newsletters; maintain stakeholder databases.
- Develop and execute email marketing campaigns, collaborating with support teams to ensure platform integration.
- Create and edit multimedia content, including short videos, using Adobe Creative Suite or web-based applications.
- Minimum of three years of experience in digital communications
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, English, communications, political science, public policy, or a related field
If you are interested in this position, please send a resume, a cover letter that indicates how you learned about this position, two writing samples, and contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the email subject line, please indicate that you are applying for the position of "Digital Communications Specialist." Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.