Arnold Ventures is a philanthropy whose core objective is to maximize opportunity and minimize injustice. We are dedicated to tackling some of the most pressing problems in the United States. We invest in sustainable change, building it from the ground up based on research, deep thinking, and a strong foundation of evidence. We drive public conversation, craft policy, and inspire action through education and advocacy.
Location: Houston, TX
Salary: Competitive salary and benefits package based on qualifications
Department: Accounting and Finance
Reports to: TBD
Travel: Minimal travel expected
Arnold Ventures is seeking a dynamic and motivated individual who can take ownership and responsibility for performing all aspects of the accounts payable process. This team member will be responsible for ensuring proper accounting procedures and controls are followed for the payment of all Arnold Ventures’ philanthropic activity.
- Ensuring the accounts payable process and associated internal controls are uninterruptedly maintained
- Verifying that grant agreement payment requirements are met
- Reviewing all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment
- Verifying appropriateness of general ledger account codes and correctly inputting all payment information into accounting system
- Tracking expenditures for budgeting purposes and guaranteeing spending aligns with accounting guidelines
- Handling the corporate credit card review process in entirety, including distributing, auditing, and entering transactions
- Creating, organizing, and maintaining electronic grant, consultant, vendor, and other required files
- Overseeing the Form 1099-MISC process
- Recognizing, evaluating, and communicating irregularities between submitted expenses and reimbursement policy with internal and external team members, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, or finance
- Minimum two years of accounting or bookkeeping experience
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks in an accurate, efficient, and timely manner
- Keen attention to detail
- Proactive and open to embracing new challenges
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Positive, professional, and energetic team-oriented attitude
- Excellent written and oral communication abilities
- Mastery of Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and other standard computer software
- Experience with Multiview, Quicken, or other accounting software
If interested in this position, please follow this link to apply.