Vanessa manages communications for the health care portfolio. She has experience in media relations, crisis communications, and community relations. Before joining Arnold Ventures, she served as a vice president at Edelman's Houston office, where she was responsible for providing strategic communications counsel to corporate and nonprofit clients.
Vanessa was also the senior director of communications for the Houston Symphony, one of the oldest performing arts organizations in Texas. In that role, she led the organization’s daily communications and oversaw media relations, print publications, executive positioning, and social media and digital efforts. She also spent nearly a decade at FleishmanHillard, a global communications firm.
She holds a bachelor’s degree in mass communications from Illinois State University, with a minor in Latin American Studies.
Policies to Speed Generics to Market Gain MomentumDrug Prices
How States can Help Combat Surprise Medical BillsCommercial Sector Prices
- Five Takeaways from the First Senate Hearing on Drug Pricing
- Trump’s 2019 State of the Union a Call for Bipartisanship on Health Care
- ‘I Deserve the Right to Live’: Key Takeaways from Ways and Means Hearing on Drug Prices
- Paying Patients to Shop Around
- Drug Pricing Debate Brings More Testimony from Experts, Patients