Arnold Ventures is a philanthropy dedicated to tackling some of the most pressing problems in the United States. Our mission is to improve lives by investing in evidence-based solutions that maximize opportunity and minimize injustice.
- Position: Health Care Manager – Complex Care
- Salary: Competitive salary and benefits package based on qualifications
- Location: Washington, D.C.
Arnold Ventures’ Health Care portfolio aims to develop evidence-based policy to improve the U.S. health care system and make health care more affordable for governments, businesses, and households. We are seeking a Health Care Manager who will help develop and manage our Complex Care work. The Complex Care portfolio focuses on developing financing and delivery system policy that will lead to truly coordinated care for patients with complex health needs. This individual will be responsible for helping identify, analyze, and pursue new, high-leverage philanthropic opportunities, as well as managing current investments.
- Work with Health Care leaders to develop strategic direction for the Health Care portfolio
- Conduct research/analysis to develop projects and policy initiatives
- Identify potential grant opportunities and collaborate with potential grantees to develop proposals
- Actively contribute to team meetings regarding projects, including suggesting ideas and brainstorming
- Actively support Health Care leadership on developing materials for Arnold Ventures' Board, Health Care Executives, and other individuals
- Actively support Health Care leadership on managing and tracking progress of existing grants
- Contribute to meetings with government officials, researchers, program providers, and other stakeholders
- Collaborate with other Arnold Ventures teams (e.g., Criminal Justice) in areas of joint activity.
Essential Skills, Experience, and Qualities:
- Advanced degree preferred, but equivalent experience will be considered
- Five years or more of experience in a related field is preferred, including part-time work or internships
- Experience managing and completing complex projects, with careful attention to detail
- Strong quantitative skills
- Excellent writing skills, including the ability to convey complex ideas in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Flexible and adaptable
- Able to interact confidently with experts in their fields
If you are interested in this position, please send a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three references to email@example.com. In the email subject line, please indicate that you are applying for the position of "Health Care Manager – Complex Care." Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.