Arnold Ventures is a philanthropy dedicated to tackling some of the most pressing problems in the United States. Our core objective is to maximize opportunity and minimize injustice.
Position: Communications Intern
Location: Houston, Texas
Term: Paid internship – up to 20 hours per week during spring 2019
The Communications Department develops and executes strategies that will advance Arnold Ventures' efforts to promote evidence-based solutions to persistent problems in society. The department oversees media relations, public information campaigns, digital properties, content production, and internal communications. Interns will work on an array of assignments and with internal and external stakeholders. The person hired for this role will report to the Communications Manager, who will provide coaching and professional development.
- Write and produce content for foundation website, including profiles of grantees and other partners
- Work with digital and media relations specialists to write and curate digital content, including weekly newsletters and social media posts
- Assist with transcription and fact-checking for public materials
- Assist with planning and logistics for events hosted by the Foundation
- Maintain media directories and assist with tracking news coverage
Essential Skills, Experience, and Qualities:
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented, with strong research and analytical skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of Associated Press style and copy-editing
- Academic interest in journalism, public relations, marketing, or a related field
- Enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program
- Available for a minimum of 10 weeks
- Multimedia experience, including videography, photography, or podcasting
If you are interested in this position, please send a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate in the subject line of the email that the application is for the position of Communications Intern. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.